Banana cashew crunchy choux1h30 Serves 24 persons
You will need
- choux pastry : 250 g milk, 140 g flour, 110 g butter, 5 g salt, 6 eggs.
- Craquelin : 45 g butter, 55 g caster sugar, 55 g flour.
- Banana purée : 480 g bananas, 25 g brown sugar, 25 g butter, 1 pinch vanilla sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Banana whipped cream : 150 g bananas, 40 cl liquid cream 35% MG, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 20g sugar.
- Cashew crunchy filling : 720 g cashew crunchy filling.
1 Choux pastry and craquelin
Choux pastry : Bring milk, salt and butter to a boil. Add the flour out of the heat. Drain 1 min in the pan over high heat, then 2 min in the mixer bowl using the slow speed paddle. Add the eggs little by little, taking care of the corner in order to keep the choux pastry homogeneous.
Craquelin : put the soft butter in a vat with the sugar and mix. Once the mixture is homogeneous, add the flour. Spread between 2 baked sheets in a 2 mm thick layer. Let cool in the freezer, then cut out circles.
2 Banana purée
Melt the butter and sugar in a saucepan. When the mixture foams, add the bananas in slices and mix well.
Add vanilla sugar and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Finally, add the lemon juice.
3 Cashew crunchy filling
Heat the crispy mixture slightly in the microwave or water bath, then spread it (about 5mm thick) on a baking sheet between two sheets of baking paper. Put in the cold.
4 Banana whipped cream
Peel the bananas into slices and mix them by adding the lemon juice and sugar.
In a very cold bowl, whip the cold cream into a firm whipped cream and gently stir in the banana purée.
Straighten up with a piping bag.